Monday, August 10, 2009

Thing 6: Blog readers

To me, blog readers are one of the most useful of the technologies covered in this project. One of the things that's always overwhelmed me about the Internet was the sheer mountain of information to wade through. And by information I mean daily webcomics. Previously I have had to go to several different websites each day for webcomics, some of which are not updated on a daily basis. So on top of the hassle of clicking through several bookmarks (or worse yet, trying to remember URLs) there is the added frustration of NO NEW CONTENT. Google and other blog readers solve all of those problems. I had been semi-aware that such things were out there--I have seen colleagues using services like Bloglines before--but there weren't any blogs I really wanted to read on a daily basis. Webcomics are a different story.

It's nice to have the time to actually sit down and get these feeds set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment